Sending an email is one of the basic tasks for the Internet
generation. Evolution is quite capable in this respect
and provides a lot of functionality. The Compose Message
window (Figure 26.2) is where we
compose new email messages.
Evolution Compose Message
- Startup Evolution;
- Ensure the Mail item is selected in the bottom left
region of the window.
- Using the left mouse button click on the New button
which is the left most button of the toolbar.
- A new window will popup, with the title Compose
- To send a message to one or more people in your Contacts click
on the To: button.
- A window will popup titled Select Contacts from
- Select those you want to send the email to from the list of
Contacts on the left.
- Click the Add button near the To: label
on the right.
- Click the Close button when finished.
- You will now see the list of names in the To: field.
- Click the left mouse button in the Subject: field (the
box to the right of the label) so that the blinking cursor is now
- Type in the subject of your message. All emails should have a
- Click the left mouse button in the main sub window that takes up
over half of the Compose Message window.
- Now type your message in this text window.
- Click the Send button within the Compose
Message window to send the message.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Togaware Pty Ltd
Support further development through the purchase of the PDF version of the book.
Brought to you by Togaware and the author of open
source software including Rattle and wajig.
Also the author of Data Mining with Rattle and Essentials
of Data Science.