Recommended Recording Process
- Gramofile to record from the sound card
through line in from the source (e.g., LP record)
- Gramofile to identify track beginnings and
endings. These are saved to a .tracks file automatically.
- Audacity to confirm and fine tune the track
splits stored in the .tracks file.
- Gramofile to perform the split into tracks
and to filter out pops using the Conditional Median Filter II. The
tracks are saved into separate files numbered 01, 02, etc.
- Xmms to check the beginning and ending of each
track to confirm the splits were fine.
- Audacity to edit out any remaining spikes in
each track, being sure to export back to WAV if any changes are
- The tracks are now ready to burn to CD. Create a disk.toc:
FILE "side1001.wav" 0
FILE "side1002.wav" 0
FILE "side2005.wav" 0
A handy table of minutes to seconds:
Copyright © 1995-2019 Togaware Pty Ltd
Support further development through the purchase of the PDF version of the book.
Brought to you by Togaware and the author of open
source software including Rattle and wajig.
Also the author of Data Mining with Rattle and Essentials
of Data Science.