The default Ubuntu music player, RhythmBox, supports internet radio station streaming. It has only a small collection of stations listed by default. Further stations can be added by entering the station’s URL. Searching for internet radio stations is not supported by the application itself.
Stations can be sampled at http://www.radio-browser.info/ and their corresponding URLs and other meta-data is available when you click on the station name. Another source of stations is the Internet Radio.
A list of streams is also available from the Australian government’s publicly funded and highly respected Australian Broadcasting Corporation whith other information available from https://radio.abc.net.au/help/streams.
Below are some stations that may be of interest. Copy the links and paste into your internet radio player:
- David Bowie: http://streams.80s80s.de/bowie/mp3-192/streams.80s80s.de/play.pls
- Pink Floyd: https://stream.vagalume.fm/hls/1498583990653093/aac.m3u8
The Australian ABC Stations:
- ABC News: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/news_radio.pls
- ABC Radio National: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/radio_national.pls
- ABC Classic FM: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/classic_fm.pls
- ABC Classic 2: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/classic_two.pls
- ABC Jazz: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/abc_jazz.pls
- ABC Country: http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/abc_country.pls
Your donation will support ongoing availability and give you access to the PDF version of this book. Desktop Survival Guides include Data Science, GNU/Linux, and MLHub. Books available on Amazon include Data Mining with Rattle and Essentials of Data Science. Popular open source software includes rattle, wajig, and mlhub. Hosted by Togaware, a pioneer of free and open source software since 1984. Copyright © 1995-2022 Graham.Williams@togaware.com Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0